• 13 Questions

-And I totally shouted out Dave’s Longbox. Lee Atchison gave me the 13 soul-defining questions over at Sequential Tart, and I answered as truthfully as I could.

Comments

Comment from Joe
    Time: October 11, 2007, 1:19 am

Why the excuse for Mary Poppins in your car? I’m a 26 year old dude and listen to Mary Poppins all the time. The songs in that movie are incredible.

Time: October 11, 2007, 7:32 am

Yeah, the Sherman Brothers really knew their stuff, and I’ll listen to it even without kids around. That reminds me, I’ve been meaning to write a defense of Dick Van Dyke in that movie. I’ve had it with Bert Bashing!

Time: October 11, 2007, 3:23 pm

I just watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the other day, and, in my nothing-better-to-do-at-the-time brain, ranked the three dancers I admired as a youth — Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire and Dick Van Dyke.

I think I like Van Dyke the best, because Astaire’s style has a sort of holier-than-thou pretentiousness, and Kelly’s is extremely technical. Dick Van Dyke’s style of dancing involves regularly flailing about like a jackass making stupid faces, and something about that appeals to me.

Time: October 11, 2007, 3:50 pm

I agree completely, and would rank them Van Dyke, then Kelly, then Astaire- as I’m guessing you do. Dick’s trying to entertain us, dang it!

Time: October 12, 2007, 9:46 am

Now the question is…how many musicals was Van Dyke in for me to have made that judgment? Bye Bye, Birdie, Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Is that all?

Did you ever see Cold Turkey? I’ve heard rumors that it was unofficially banned in North Carolina when it came out.

Comment from Chris Sims
    Time: October 12, 2007, 5:10 pm

How…

H…

How could you?!

Time: October 12, 2007, 5:31 pm

I AM ECLIPSO!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Comment from jackmarlowe
    Time: October 13, 2007, 12:07 am

Is ingenious the answer all minus the robots servants.

Comment from David Campbell
    Time: October 16, 2007, 12:47 pm

Thanks Jeff. I’ll send you that $20 I promised you.

See how it works, Sims?