• Back among U.S. Americans

Back from Calgary, thanks to show host Stephen Fuller for keeping us alive and constantly plying us with meat dishes such as they enjoy in Alberta. A few new people picked up Atlas and Interman, so the word is spreading on those fronts.. Matthew Clark was fully booked up with sketch requests, and of course everything he calls a sketch is essentially print-ready.We had a great time with J. Torres and Pop Mhan and we couldn’t stop speaking like the Miss Teen USA contestant about The Iraq and Such As. More substantially, Pop filled us in on Thailand and the Royal Thai Army, which was really interesting. We also got to see the glory of Bannf and Lake Louise, a glacier-fed lake that looks to good to be real. I didn’t see any bears, but there a few elk wandering around out there. Gorgeous.

Looking around the web back at home now, I see our noisesome Eric Newsom has an interview with Greg Rucka up over at the Vic Sage site, so I’m going to read that before I start working. Good to see America is still running smoothly in my absence.

Comments

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: October 2, 2007, 8:52 am

I myself have returned from a foreign land. A land known as Port-land, where an atmosphere of coolness suffuses all, from the genial natives to their comic stores to their abnormally-diverse selections of eating establishments.

I find myself wishing to move.

Time: October 2, 2007, 9:07 am

Pretty neat, huh? Sorry I missed you!

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: October 2, 2007, 9:25 am

Ditto.

But I got to meet Colleen Coover and buy a Baby Duck print, so it all turned out okay.

Time: October 2, 2007, 6:31 pm

Thanks for the link! Hope the interview met with your approval. I’m pretty sure that your studiomate / traveling buddy Matthew Clark will be doing art on one of the issues, unless I’m misremembering….

Comment from Daniela
    Time: October 4, 2007, 12:58 pm

Please accept the thanks from a fan who has been very frustrated with the X-Franchise for the past 7 years. Finally a writer that gets it! I have purchased the X-Men First Class Hardcover, and I was blown away! Jeff, your characterization is flawless and your stories are fun. It is obvious you love and respect these classic characters. Your book is what Ultimate X-Men should have been. I wish the other X-Books had the pleasant, entertaining quality of your stories. I will know purchase the X-Men First Class series as it comes out, keep up the good work and I will keep an eye out for your work in the future!

Time: October 5, 2007, 9:41 am