• Hawk, I

wink.jpg

Aw heck, my family took the digital camera on their trip (of course I couldn’t go, because who’s going to write all these comics) so I’m not able to wrap up Exciting Bridges of Portland Week today. I’ll borrow the one from the studio and finish it up this afternoon. Besides, it’s Wednesday, which means I might have a book out you need. Like say, Marvel Adventures #16, introducing HAWKEYE to the Adventuresverse.

This is going to be my last MA story for a while. I’m an ardent believer in done-in-one stories, but I’ve done quite a few now and I was getting a bit claustrophobic- I need more room! And I was afraid of becoming formulaic, so time for a break. But I believe I’m going out on a good note, thanks to the inspiring appearance of Hawkeye. The art is terrific and this issue comes from Steve Scott and Ronan Cliquet. That’s been the ace in the hole with the Adventures books, I’ve been paired up with excellent artists all along. All the way through the process too; this one’s inked by the Painstaking Nathan Massengill and colored by Untouchable Val Staples. It’s just been a royal treatment for me, making me feel like Doctor Doom sipping choice wine from one of his bejeweled pimpcups. And I appreciate it!

Comments

Time: September 19, 2007, 10:01 am

No more Parker-written Marvel Adventures?! My pull-list is in danger of growing one smaller. And my soul is in danger of growing one thousand degrees sadder.

Time: September 19, 2007, 10:48 am

Yeah, but they didn’t mess around with my replacement, TY TEMPLETON is coming onto the book! So I’ll still be reading it. Thanks for the sadness, though.

Comment from Seth
    Time: September 19, 2007, 1:01 pm

It’s a real shame you’re leaving, but, as you yourself pointed out, TY TEMPLETON!!! And you’re clearly ending in fine style…

Comment from Zack Smith
    Time: September 19, 2007, 1:31 pm

Aw HELL no!

If I’d known this was going to be your last MA story I would have hit you up for an exit interview.

Well, it’s a high note — and Ty did a damn fine all-ages Avengers comic tying into that lousy cartoon show a few years ago. If the cartoon had been that good, it’d still be on!

But I’m-a wonderin’ here what you’ve got planned next…

Time: September 19, 2007, 1:33 pm

Yeah, Parker, spill the details. Or should I say, Professor REX STORM, Esq.?

Comment from odessa steps magazine
    Time: September 19, 2007, 4:29 pm

hard to complain about your replacement. Ty is one of the best at doing these “adventures/all ages” type books. The only thing better would be if he could write and draw them.

Comment from Rob Barrett
    Time: September 19, 2007, 4:48 pm

Great final issue, Jeff! I was particularly thrilled by the cameo appearance of everyone’s favorite henchman. At least I still have First Class to get my monthly Parker fix.

Time: September 19, 2007, 5:07 pm

Thanks Rob! And Mark yes, I like to see Ty draw too.

Comment from odessa steps magazine
    Time: September 20, 2007, 11:34 am

here’s hoping somehow the Avengers can go to Hades and maybe see Stig there.

Comment from Tim O’Shea
    Time: September 22, 2007, 7:58 am

Wow, I’m absolutely conflicted about this. I am so excited about Ty coming on the book.

But who is going to look out for Karl? (I read that panel where Spidey recognizes him and it was hilarious…)

Solid issue to end on, Jeff. Thanks for that flavor of fun. Look forward to the new flavor of Parker fun, whatever that may be.

Time: September 23, 2007, 11:37 am

Great final issue, Jeff.

I’ll be sad to see you depart the title for a while. I hope you return at some point. I likewise am unsure if I’ll continue with the new writer. I only picked up MA: Avengers on the strength of your X-Men: First Class and Agents of Atlas work.

Promise me you have no plans to leave X-Men: First Class anytime soon. I don’t think that book would be the same without you. You have a clear love of the O5, which I think would be lost with a new writer coming on board. :)

Here’s hoping you’ve got something else big and fun waiting in the wings now that you’ll only be writing XM:FC for a while. Especially anything involving the Agents of Atlas. :D

Comment from dusty abell
    Time: September 30, 2007, 5:23 pm

oh man………..i love your avengers book, honestly, its one of the few things i buy these days. damn! well, i hope you can bring your all ages , good ole school sensibilities to other marvel books, just don’t tell em thats what your doing, or they’ll make you grim and gritty it up and put in lots of abbreviated cursing with $@*! like this in every other word ballon!
    hope what ever your moving on to next is as much fun as your run on avengers has been. dusty