• Island X

I was so focused on letting people know there was a Colleen Coover Cartoon in today’s X-Men First Class #3, I forgot to mention there was also a preview of the main story, Island X. This preview also includes a recap page written by Assistant Editor Nate Cosby that I really like, declaring the Rules of Bobbyland (Bobby didn’t know it was already called Monster Island). For some reason the solicit info has the plot to the previous series’ issue 8 with Gorilla Man.

islandx.jpg

Comments

Time: August 22, 2007, 11:52 am

Iceman was always my favorite X-Man as a kid, and X:FC is making me remember why that was.

Comment from Ben Herman
    Time: August 22, 2007, 11:53 am

Wait a sec, First Class came out today? I didn’t see it at the shop when I went to get my comics during lunch. Damn, gotta go back, or go somewhere else, or something.

Time: August 22, 2007, 12:42 pm

Go, go!

Time: August 22, 2007, 1:06 pm

Great issue, Jeff. As usual. Especially as usual loved seeing the friendship/banter between Beast and Iceman. It’s missing completely in current comics, so it’s nice to see someone remembers that they’re best friends. Even if it’s a book set in the past. I’m glad that you’re doing the occassional multi-part stories, but I’m quite happy with the one-shots being the usual format. :)

Comment from Manolis
    Time: August 22, 2007, 2:49 pm

nate cosby should be getting credit for those recaps! i was laughing so hard!

and of course: GIANT HEAD FIGHT!!!

Comment from Adam Hutch
    Time: August 23, 2007, 7:45 am

Oh man I just pick up First Class issue #2 with my last monthly batch of comics and now I find out I’m behind an issue again! Oh cruel fate! ;)

Time: August 23, 2007, 7:57 am

Yeah, but you’re closing in…

Time: August 23, 2007, 11:33 am

Beast, you’re going to like the Road Trip next issue. Though no one at CBR seems to have talked about this one, weirdly. I’m glad people are liking “A Buddy In Scarlet” though.

Time: August 23, 2007, 3:02 pm

I would have started a thread at CBR, but I’m taking some time off. Just lost my 2nd cat a week ago, not really in the mood for dealing with the usual stresses of comic fans. ;)

Time: August 23, 2007, 3:11 pm

Aw, sorry. How old was your cat?

Taking time off from the internet is ALWAYS a good thing!

Time: August 23, 2007, 3:28 pm

The one I lost late last year was around 20. And this one was around 15. I don’t have exact dates, because my memory sucks. No more pets for a while. I know I say that now, but something will latch it’s claws into my heart one of these days, I just know it.

Time: August 23, 2007, 4:08 pm

Wow, 20- that’s great! Yeah, I’m taking a break from pets for a couple of years too.

Time: August 23, 2007, 4:24 pm

Yeah, I didn’t believe it was 20 either. But I got him before I moved, and that was around 20 years ago. He was a cranky old man. :)

Comment from Ben Herman
    Time: August 24, 2007, 9:18 am

Ah! Finally found it. Got the last copy at the shop. They’re re-ordering, because obviously demand is exceeding supply. This one is pretty professionally run, so they’re really on top of stuff like that.

Good issue, a nice wrap-up to the story. Giant monsters are fun. Wish some had shown up on the cover, though. I always thought dinosaurs translated into sales.

I gotta say, the man-eating trees from part one who mimic speech they hear to lure prey were actually pretty damn creepy. When I picked up Marvel Adventures: Avengers #15, at first I thought that was them again on the first page. But no, it was an entirely different group of homicidal trees :)

Time: August 24, 2007, 12:07 pm