• Rockin’ the Utili-Kilt

beastkilt.jpg

I forgot to link to this preview for X-Men First Class #2. Of course Hank thinks kilts will be the next thing. And Jean and Scott get completely absorbed in games of Battleship. That’s our book in a nutshell.

Comments

Comment from Ben Herman
    Time: July 8, 2007, 8:26 pm

I’m having flashbacks to the episode of Duck Tails where Scrooge McDuck first arrives in America, still wearing a kilt, and spends the entire show shouting back at people “It’s not a skirt, it’s a kilt!” That, and Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey comes to mind, with Death from The Seventh Seal uttering “You sank my battleship.” Yeah, I can’t balance my checkbook, but I remember extremely obscure pop culture references. Go figure.

Time: July 8, 2007, 8:28 pm

And who’s that creepster creeping just out of the left side of the panel?

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: July 8, 2007, 8:36 pm

I am slightly intrigued by the possibility that is Mastermind in the Sherlock-ian cape-coat. However, the fact that the Battleship ships are running diagonally is an afront to the laws of Man and G-d. The horror. The Horror!

Time: July 8, 2007, 11:43 pm

I can’t balance my checkbook either.

Despite Scott’s clear cheating, he still seems to be losing!

Comment from Ben Herman
    Time: July 9, 2007, 5:34 am

I checked out the rest of the online preview and… ohmygod, giant monsters!!! Like, I am sooooo picking this one up :)

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: July 9, 2007, 7:24 am

Oh, and since we are talking fashion, is that a dashiki that Warren is wearing?

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: July 9, 2007, 7:47 am

Yeah, that Warren knows what’s cool. But where’s his gul-durned hippie love beads!?

Time: July 9, 2007, 7:51 am

That’s where Roger squeezed an extra joke out of the panel- I didn’t specify Warren wearing anything wacky!

Comment from Zack Smith
    Time: July 9, 2007, 10:01 am

My friend’s getting married in October, and has invited me to be a groomsman…and insists that all groomsmen wear kilts (he’s of Scottish ancestry).

Damn you for reminding me of my impending doom.

Comment from Jeff Vice
    Time: July 9, 2007, 10:34 am

I’d never play Battleship with Jean. If you turned your back, she could rearrange your board telekinetically …

Time: July 9, 2007, 2:54 pm

Love the preview for X-Men: First Class #2.

But I wish Cruz would have done a tad more research. Utilikilts don’t come in the classic Kilt colors. The Workman’s model just screams Beast. :D

Time: July 9, 2007, 2:57 pm

And yes… I really am that picky. :D

Time: July 9, 2007, 3:11 pm

I actually could have prevented that, but darn it, the colors just looked so nice. It totally confirms my worldview that you would be the one to pick at that though!

Time: July 9, 2007, 5:09 pm

Not really. I really haven’t been that picky about the series. I’m not complaining about Beast or Iceman’s hair colors or stuff like that. In fact, I usually follow the MST3K point for comics… “Just think to yourself it’s just a show, you should really just relax.” ;)

Time: July 10, 2007, 7:49 am

Yes, but you are still the living embodiment of Hank, and all Hankness.

Time: July 10, 2007, 4:28 pm

My friend, that is a huge compliment. :D