• Greatest Achewood EVER

Comments

Time: July 5, 2007, 8:16 pm

Now now…Comic Sans has its place.

And that place is at the bottom of the incinerator.

Time: July 5, 2007, 8:22 pm

Guys, come quick, I found the son of a bitch that invented Comic Sans! For real.

And check it out, Frank Miller’s semi-responsible for this too.

Time: July 6, 2007, 7:40 am

Eric, that’s great. He’s making excuses like he never intended Comics Sans to be seen by the public- I CALL BULLSHIT!!!

Comment from Bret
    Time: July 6, 2007, 8:14 am

Would it be okay if comic sans was invented to torture Nazis with?

You know, a demoralizing thing that went too far?
    Not that it would be excused but…

Comment from Ben Herman
    Time: July 6, 2007, 8:51 am

In general, I get more annoyed by computer coloring than computer lettering.

Time: July 6, 2007, 9:48 am

It’s not that Comic Sans is computer lettering, it’s that it’s the Very Shittiest Font ever made, and every ad agency uses it when they do a comics-style ad. And novice comic book makers even use it, because hey, there it is in the font library and it says “comics!” I imagine Todd Klein getting a migraine every time he accidentally sees it used.

Comment from Ben Herman
    Time: July 6, 2007, 12:55 pm

Ah, okay. I just read comic books, I don’t actually create ‘em. So I wasn’t familiar with Comic Sans previously, much less the fact that it was officially the Very Shittiest Font in existance. So, yeah, as a reader, I hate crappy computer coloring AND crappy computer lettering. There you go.

Time: July 6, 2007, 1:09 pm

Trust me Ben, you would TOTALLY HATE IT! I just know.

Time: July 7, 2007, 12:16 pm

“Utili-kilt” made me spit Sun-Drop through my nose. Thanks a bunch.

Time: July 7, 2007, 3:06 pm

Oh yeah, I should link to that preview!

Time: July 8, 2007, 11:35 am

I’m sure you all also read Mark Evanier’s blog, but just in case…Todd Klein now has a pretty awesome website (complete with some how-to’s): http://www.kleinletters.com/. Maybe someone should ask him what he thinks of Comics Sans….

Comment from the sysop
    Time: September 10, 2008, 7:40 pm

dude, for real – this is one of my fav strips. love how beef is painting a model