• ATLAS Bystanders. Revengers.

From Michael Hoskin I learn that Agents of Atlas Jimmy Woo and Gorilla Man are in the WizKids HeroClix set. They’re “Bystanders” which I guess means they only get played by accident or something, because I don’t know diddly about how HeroClix works. Still, it looks pretty cool.

Some of you are pretty proactive about the Marvel Adventures books, so if you’re looking for somewhere to talk about the Avengers one, may I suggest popping in to Avengers Forever.org, or Comic Book Resources or ComicBoards? Every week I find people who simply didn’t know the book existed who liked it once they knew it did. And now would be a REALLY GOOD TIME to remind everyone to order the Giant Size issue with the Agents of Atlas in it to show that a fanbase is growing for the book. I’M JUST SAYING.

Comments

Comment from Jason
    Time: July 5, 2007, 1:10 pm

Bystander token basically means Jimmy Woo and Gorilla Man are cannon fodder.

-Jason

Time: July 5, 2007, 1:20 pm

YAARRGH! ‘fraid of that.

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: July 5, 2007, 3:48 pm

They are not just cannon fodder.

They. Are. POGS!!!

Comment from Brett
    Time: July 5, 2007, 7:30 pm

I was pleased to see them at all, but yeah the pogs exist mostly to fill space. They aren’t in terrible company, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing are pogs as well and I could certainly argue they should be tougher than a random Shield agent. Shield agents, Hydra goons and AIM guys have all had figures made.

Time: July 5, 2007, 8:18 pm

Nothing I’ve ever created has been turned into a pog, so you’ve got one up on me there….

Comment from Philip Looney
    Time: July 6, 2007, 4:37 am

I was disappointed we didn’t get a real Gorilla Man figure at the least – he’s an immortal gorilla for goodness sake! I mean, who care about the Thin Man and Toro? If you’re gonna make golden age characters, make them ATLAS!

Sorry – game geekery ended.

Comment from Ben Herman
    Time: July 6, 2007, 9:43 am

“Shield agents, Hydra goons and AIM guys have all had figures made.” I thought that in general all THOSE guys were considered cannon fodder, the Red Shirts of the Marvel universe. Someone with a cool name like Gorilla Man should NEVER be considered cannon fodder. Anyway, I’ve never played HeroClix (original artwork & sketches are my passion) but those miniatures do look damn cool!

Time: July 6, 2007, 9:51 am

Philip and Ben are RIGHT.

Time: July 6, 2007, 4:21 pm

Look on the bright side… they haven’t gotten heroclix figures yet…

But they were cool enough to be included as token. It’s only a matter of time. :D

Time: July 6, 2007, 6:16 pm

By the way Jeff, congrats on the upcoming What If? Fantastic Four. :D

Then in November, we have What If? is The New Fantastic Four by Jeff Parker and David Williams, harkening back to Fantastic Four #347-349 and featuring Marvel’s big screen celebs, Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine and everyone’s favorite extra-crispy, flame-broiled super-skull, Ghost Rider.

Comment from Jeff Vice
    Time: July 10, 2007, 11:21 am

Gorilla Man is just a bystander?! Grrr!!! Guess it would be even worse if Human Robot had been consigned to that status as well. And let’s face it, even Wiz Kids can’t make Agents of Atlas Heroclix as cool as the ones in our imaginations …

Comment from Glenn Walker
    Time: July 15, 2007, 5:50 pm

Thanks for the plug for Avengers Forever, Jeff!

Comment from Gavin Downing
    Time: September 2, 2007, 9:56 am

Jeff,

As a big fan of your work and a player of HeroClix, I admit I was disappointed by the pogs of Ken and Jimmy. I wanted them to get the respect they so clearly deserve.

I’ve made clix of the whole team, plus 3-D Man, though, for my home games. They’re just not legal for tournaments.

Time: September 2, 2007, 1:47 pm