• Things To See

Here are a couple of links that have kept me busy today. First, cartoonist Sandy Jarrell has put up the whole Part 2 of his excellent online book, WHAM. It’s not colored yet, but Sandy’s art works so well in black and white I’d say don’t even, except I like his colors. Great stuff. And if you haven’t seen it before, then you get two whole issues to read.
    wham.gif

Next up, I saw on Leonard Kirk’s blog that he has lots of AGENTS OF ATLAS pages up for sale, at what I think are ridiculously low prices. I’m passing this one on to keep me from buying up half of them. There are some key scenes from the story and beautiful pages for less than you’d commission a sketch. Go clean him out.

Also, it looks like the first issue of the ongoing X-MEN FIRST CLASS was well received, whew. Here’s me talking with Frederik Hautain over at Broken Frontier about the new series. I need to finish a script for another (and longer) Colleen Coover short story for Issue 3 so she can get going on it. It looks like I’ll be hosting the letters column pretty often, so write in if you want.

mutantclassbis2_0627.jpg

Comments

Comment from Jeff Vice
    Time: June 29, 2007, 10:44 am

I swear “X-Men: First Class” only gets better as it goes. And Roger’s stuff has really improved. It’s starting to resemble Scott Kolins’ work on “The Flash” … when I really liked his art.

Time: June 29, 2007, 12:28 pm

Yeah, he’s getting very expressive, isn’t he?

Comment from odessa steps magazine
    Time: June 29, 2007, 12:36 pm

Face it Cyclops, you just hit the jackpot.

Time: July 1, 2007, 10:08 am

Any word yet how well the first issue sold?

I’m hoping ‘Ongoing’ status gave it a big sales boost. :)

Pingback from Good Superhero Comics: Week of June 27 » Comics Worth Reading
    Time: July 2, 2007, 8:01 am

[...] anticipating. X-Men: First Class launches as a series after a successful miniseries run written by Jeff Parker. Thankfully, it was as good as I’d [...]

Comment from Trev
    Time: July 2, 2007, 6:09 pm

Just finished this. Loving all the First Class stuff you’re doing and MA Avengers, which is just killer. Any idea if I could pick up any of the artwork from the Special or other issues?

Keep doing what you’re doing. This stuff rocks in the best way possible and reminds me of why I started reading comics.

Time: July 2, 2007, 6:45 pm

Beast, no one ever tells me the sales! I have to find out when Paul O’Brien posts them on The Beat.

Trev, good question. I’ll ask Roger’s agent and some of the others how they’re selling pages if so, and try to post such info here.