• Walk-In 6 Out?

Has anyone been by the comics shop to see if the final issue of my top secret project from Virgin Comics has shipped this week? It’s the epilogue to the series, and in a freak occurence, somehow I actually drew it. Here’s a little bit of the art, colored by my man Sheetal from the Bangalore studio. I guess I’ll just go out now and find out for myself.

parker1.jpg

parker2.jpg

Comments

Comment from Zack
    Time: May 24, 2007, 9:01 pm

I got me one! I haven’t had time to read it yet, sorry.

Time: May 25, 2007, 11:54 am

Ah, sweet sweet almost-closure.

Comment from himanshu singh
    Time: May 25, 2007, 12:27 pm

Can some one please let know why the spider man in India( Pavitra Prabhakar ) has to wear a dhoti ?? :D

Why people change the character for each country ? :(

Comment from Spencer Curran
    Time: May 26, 2007, 10:45 pm

I love it! I want to hear more of the adventures of Psychic Bum, Kung-Fu Stripper, and Ursa Sniper! (I took the liberty of giving your characters super hero code names. “Ursa Sniper” is the only good one.) actually I just dropped by to tell you that Dave’s Long Box (http://daveslongbox.blogspot.com/) just posted a glowing review of MA Avengers #12 that you might want to check out.

Later.

Time: May 27, 2007, 8:31 am

Thanks Spencer (why didn’t I think of Ursa Sniper?). And it is very cool to get the Long Box review- I just wish I could see how Dave reads comics to his daughter and hear the voices he does!

Comment from Adam McGovern
    Time: June 1, 2007, 6:00 am

An utterly original spin on the exiled-king/reluctant-messiah narrative. The charm and whimsy of your art made the visuals work as well as any issue. Virgin has a way of letting us find out for ourselves what’s a mini and what’s an ongoing, and I was sorry to see this go. Of course I’ve heard direct from their con-booth grapevine that we haven’t seen the last of Seven Brothers so I can hope here too, but even if not, you gave thoroughly satisfying closure to what is after all a circular saga; lots of minis just feel like a stingy set-up for an epic that never materialized, but we see the whole sweep of Ian’s odyssey here and his purpose is resolved after a richly twisted apprenticeship in the other five issues. Just one of the best books out there, from one of the writers most to watch.

Adam McGovern