• One Month Off the Junk

I just realized that I haven’t drank coffee now for a whole month! So my fears that I wouldn’t be able to function without it were completely unfounded. Of course, I went through a couple days of withdrawal that felt like I had the flu, with my head pounding. But my body seems to have mellowed out in general, so it was worth it. I was just drinking way, way too much for the past couple of years.

It’s not like I’ve parted ways with my old partner Caffeine, I’ve just switched to drinking tea. In fact, the whole of Mercury (name soon to change) Studio has been teabagging like fiends, especially now that we have a kitchenette with a place to get water. That reminds me, I need to put up some pictures tomorrow.

Oh and everyone who thought all Modoc Avengers was the answer to the comics industry, this week is Ego the Loving Planet, which is much better, in my opinion. It makes the Modoc issue look like a Mary Worth storyline. (Except for that kickass one where Mary and the Charterstone Mafia drove Aldo to his death). This Wednesday.

Comments

Comment from David Oakes
    Time: April 16, 2007, 11:58 am

“[T]he whole [...] Studio has been teabagging like fiends”.

That’s OK, I have enough pictures in my head, thank you.

(And yes, I am sure it is exactly the picture you intended, thankyouverymuch!)

Time: April 16, 2007, 1:18 pm

Okay, I was out of line with that. Sorry.

Comment from odessa steps
    Time: April 16, 2007, 1:39 pm

I’ve been coffee/soda free for over 7 years now after a heart scare. still drink tea all the time though.

Time: April 16, 2007, 8:08 pm

Poor ol’ Aldo. He was just lonely. It’s not like Mary Worth had anything better to do than date a guy who looked like a mustachioed Dolphin Boy from SeaLab2021.

So when you move to the Pac NW, do you start drinking hot tea? If so, I may never want to go there.

Time: April 16, 2007, 9:37 pm

And you’re happier with tea, right?

Eric, I can drink the hot tea, and turn on a dime and drink some iced tea, I’m so hardcore. I do remember thinking hot tea was a weird concept years ago, being so thoroughly raised with ice. And of course, a whole bag of sugar per glass.

Comment from Jefferson
    Time: April 17, 2007, 2:10 pm

…yes, very hardcore, with the teabagging and all.

Comment from Sandy Jarrell
    Time: April 17, 2007, 5:26 pm

But… coffee is gooooooood. Do you really feel better with just the tea? What sort of euphoria am I missing out on? Is it better than my morning coffee euphoria? I say thee nay, sir. ‘Tis not possible.

Comment from Brian
    Time: April 17, 2007, 6:42 pm

Made the switch to tea a few years back after getting tired of the Saturday morning headache because I slept in and didn’t get my caffine fix at the same time.

Try the Chai Tea Latte at Starbucks, its great. (N.B. I do not own stock in this company as I was certain no one would ever pay that much for a cup of coffee.)

Time: April 17, 2007, 10:16 pm

Yes, I was plagued with the Saturday headache as well, because I wouldn’t go out and get my start-working coffee. I like Chai.