• EMERALD CITY COMICON!

spaceneedle.jpg

That’s right, the Emerald City Comicon is this coming weekend, and it’s going to be held right there, in the Space Needle, because everything in Seattle happens right there in that building! Or you can check the website and get the real details. The main thing you need to remember is that I’M THERE, somewhere in Artist Alley. This is an excellent show, and the guest list is phenomenal. So don’t get mad if I’m up wandering around talking to cartoonists that I’m excited to see, just calmly remind me to go sit back down at my table and sign some books and answer questions.

If you’re hanging out near whereever I’m sitting, here’s a fun game you can play if you’re listening to what’s being said my way…

1POINT- for hearing someone gripe at me about big Marvel crossover events that I have nothing to do with.

1POINT- overhearing someone gripe at me about Captain America being killed (which I have nothing to do with) because they don’t want to wait in Brubaker’s line.

2POINTS- hearing someone who says they buy everything I write but won’t pick up a copy of The Interman from me despite that I can sign and draw in their copy right then and there.

1POINT- for anyone who says “when are we getting the next volume of Interman?” despite the fact that just before him my most hardcore reader wouldn’t pick it up.

There are many more points to be earned in this Jeff at Shows Game, but I have to go work on TAXES now. And really, that game doesn’t even work that well in the Northwest where fans are all scholarly tweed sportscoat-with-elbow-patches people. I look forward to seeing any of you who can make it this weekend.

Comments

Comment from Brett
    Time: March 27, 2007, 10:10 am

Fun game rant should be concluded with a ‘Not that I am bitter..” all good rants end that way.

Time: March 27, 2007, 10:17 am

‘Cause I’m not!

Comment from zailo
    Time: March 27, 2007, 10:30 am

Let’s not forget the sweater vest, smoking a pipe constituency.

Comment from Michael May
    Time: March 27, 2007, 10:37 am

Hey, Jeff. Have you ever been to FallCon in Minnesota? ‘Cause I think I remember your being there once or twice and would love to see you there again so’s I can profess my new, undying love for your work and buy a signed and drawn-in copy of Interman (unless of course I’ve gone nuts and you’ve never actually been to Minnesota nor care to).

Time: March 27, 2007, 10:49 am

Michael, I’ve been once, in 2004. I even did a con report on it!
    I still need to transfer those pictures which are trapped in old Bloggerspace. I do plan to get back up that way pretty soon, because I had a great time.

Time: March 27, 2007, 2:38 pm

Man, if I was at your table at a con, I would totally be the last guy. I’ll have to remember not to be him in the future.

Time: March 27, 2007, 7:58 pm

Oh, you can be that guy. The ones I mean are the people who needle me about a second volume when they haven’t read the first, consarn their hides.

Comment from Jefferson
    Time: March 27, 2007, 8:25 pm

Jeff, will you be doin’ any sweet, sweet, sketches?

Time: March 27, 2007, 10:46 pm

I could be convinced. I may forget to bring paper though, so be ready.