• The Past is Not Lost

First, for no other reason than to use the power of suggestion irresponsibly, I think I’ll make you hungry.

pancakes
    Sorry. The real subject today is that my old Archives from Mystifying Oracle are now over here. Hah, to those of you who thought I just started a blog a few weeks ago. I went through to trim out some, but it’s going to take some time. There are some I like that were written around the time Blogger started allowing image uploads, so now those are all broken links that I need to replace with the original pictures. Fah. But I am happy that the blog is functioning roughly like a journal, as I’d hoped in my very first post.

In fact there are a few highlights. One of my favorites is one of the earliest, Snowday, where I show you how to make a sweet Goodwill sled like I had just done. You get some insight into my childhood like when I mourn the death of Captain Kangaroo, and find out that I grew up in The Town That Hung Santa Claus.

And that I sound like Mike Nesmith. Speaking of singers, I still get a lot of hits from writing about Sesame Street Songs. The other big search subject that keeps bringing ‘em in is where I mentioned the audio of screams in hell like the kind that clearly drove Jacques Cousteau into retirement. Speaking of kid topics, Ponder kids gangbangin’ Eddie Murphy, old school. Live the moment when Mike Wieringo decided to blog again, and after I ‘splained image linking for the 600th time, he went nuts with it and now has the king of all sketch blogs. Take a trip to the country’s coolest graveyard.

Not everything transferred, like one of the most popular posts, The NASA Ghost. (Here’s the setup for that). So I need to go through- on that day that I magically have time to transfer images, maybe) and see what got left behind.

And even though later time restrictions made it all degenerate into mere plugs for my work, I still had a few moments, like during this month when I declared it was “Beverage Week” and spoke only of Arnold Palmers, Watermelon Juice and Mexican Coke. In fact, I plan to do some theme weeks again pretty soon. Welcome back, old posts. Ah, it’s like having a time machine that can only travel back as far as the beginning of 2004.

Comments

Comment from DrObviousSo
    Time: March 19, 2007, 7:12 am

Curse you. I was *alread* hungry, and I don’t even have any pancakes. Its a good thing for you I have peanut butter and jelly!

Comment from Mr. Neal
    Time: March 19, 2007, 8:22 am

Parker:

“writing about Sesame Street songs” goes to a picture of the Nasa Ghost.

Sincerely,
    Neal

Time: March 19, 2007, 8:42 am

If I had my way, everything would lead back to the NASA Ghost. That’s proof that I now write these late at night and schedule them to post.

Time: March 19, 2007, 12:18 pm

I’m pretty sure the NASA Ghost is actually what first brought me to your website (think I linked from the Beat), and without it, I probably wouldn’t be reading your comics regularly (although, previous to that, I had read and enjoyed Interman). So know that this blog does function as a marketing tool.

The Michael Nesmith posting is especially interesting to me because I have the same problem. People in these parts say, “Where you from, boy?” but if I go anywhere else in the world, I’m considered a bumpkinly hick. Especially when I try to order sweet tea in a place that thinks that means lots of sugar in hot tea.

Also, Auntie Grizelda is my favorite Monkees song too. I’m pretty sure they played it in the episode where Richard Kiel (who once crushed my head) plays Frankenstein, where he, when at the end he’s wearing the sunglasses and the wig, looks just like the bass player from the Strokes.

Time: March 19, 2007, 1:00 pm

That picture is awesome! He does look like Strokes guy!

Comment from Casey
    Time: March 19, 2007, 8:56 pm

Hey, can you get the Kosher Coke in Portland?

Time: March 20, 2007, 7:12 am

I don’t know. What does it taste like?

Comment from Casey
    Time: March 20, 2007, 6:42 pm

It’s sugar Coke — not corn syrup. Just like your Mexico Coke.

Time: March 21, 2007, 5:56 am

Well, then I’m on board.

Comment from manale
    Time: March 23, 2007, 10:42 am

Mike Nesmith– so underrated.