• Last Call…

Belly up to the bar, folks. I think today is Final Order Cut Off for the Agents of Atlas hardcover. Now you know we want to see them kick more ass and interact with that dragon. So let’s call some retailers, Diamond, and make sure the shelves are full of ATLAS.

atlas
    Since you’ve got ‘em on the phone (or internet), let’s make sure they carry plenty of that Spider-Man/Fantastic Four miniseries Mike Wieringo and I are doing, okay?
    Fantastic Four

Thanks, Mrs. Richards. Oh, and you know you want to see Kevin Nowlan drawing Hank McCoy, so you better make a note of the X-Men First Class Special…
    Beast

And while you’re thinking of how Leonard and I should be doing more ATLAS, vote for our collaborations by ordering the first of his arc on Marvel Adventures: Avengers.
    Avengers.

I know all of those look dreadfully serious and depressing, but do it for me, won’t you? TODAY.

Comments

Comment from Rob Barrett
    Time: February 26, 2007, 10:44 am

Wow, great panels. Just one question, Jeff: what do the little x’s in the images represent? Some sort of signal to the inker/colorist?

Comment from Randy Lander
    Time: February 26, 2007, 11:06 am

Jeff, the initial orders for Agents of Atlas are due by tomorrow morning, but there will be a second chance when the Marvel Final Order Cut-Off hits, about three or four weeks before the book actually goes to the printers.

For my part, we’ve ordered all of the above in healthy numbers for Rogues Gallery in Round Rock. In fact, we’re dying for more X-Men First Class, because the early issues are all sold out! Any word on a trade/digest/super-swanky hardcover?

Time: February 26, 2007, 11:20 am

Rob, that’s to cue the inker to fill in with black. Because if you shaded it all in with pencil, it makes it harder for the paper to absorb ink. And it’s a little faster to put in the x’s, but Leonard usually plans out where blacks go in marker roughs on another page.

Randy, thanks for the info! And congrats on that store! I think they’re putting the XFC stories in digests, but I don’t know about other formats. I will ask.

Comment from Rob Barrett
    Time: February 26, 2007, 1:14 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Jeff. Knowing is half the battle!

(It’s also nice to see just how good Leonard is before inking.)

Time: February 26, 2007, 2:16 pm

According to Amazon, X-Men: First Class is getting a Hardcover. No clue if it’s MPE or oversized. God, I would adore an Oversized HC with extras. Please Marvel, make it so. The price suggests that it is, so that’s a good sign. :)

X-Men: First Class HC (Hardcover)
    by Jeff Parker (Author), Roger Cruz (Author)

For millions of years, mankind’s place on Earth was unchallenged – until five young people paved the way for a new kind of human. While students at the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Beast and Iceman taught the world what it meant to be X-Men. These are the hidden stories of the team that laid the foundation of a mutant dynasty! Collects X-Men: First Class #1-8.
    Hardcover: 184 pages
    Publisher: Marvel Comics (July 8, 2007)

Comment from Matt M.
    Time: February 27, 2007, 8:56 am

In an alternate dimension, AGENTS OF ATLAS outsold CIVIL WAR.

I only wish it’d been this one instead.

Oh, and please tell me that the above Tyrannosaurus is Devil Dinosaur. Please…

Time: February 27, 2007, 9:16 am

Hi Matt. That’s not DD, but thanks for the future plot.
    Now we just need to build a machine to breach the barrier between that dimension and ours. Of course, someone from that dimension will be the one to figure out the science first.

Comment from Rob Barrett
    Time: February 27, 2007, 11:17 am

Oh man, Parker on Devil Dinosaur . . .

(Of course, my favorite Devil Dinosaur appearance is the one in which he teams up with Godzilla)

Comment from Edward Liu
    Time: February 27, 2007, 1:44 pm

Please please please tell me that you’re not joking and that you’re really going to try to get a Devil Dinosaur guest shot into Marvel Adventures: Avengers. If you do it and manage to get the issue drawn by Eric Powell, I will probably die from the sheer awesomeness of the comic before the same sheer awesomeness of the comic BRINGS ME BACK TO LIFE.

Giant Girl vs. Dinosaur is pretty cool as it is. Just not resurrection-class cool. Sweet pencils on all that other stuff, too.

Comment from Tim O’Shea
    Time: February 27, 2007, 8:08 pm

Maybe it’s my love of Hugh Laurie’s post-Blackadder work influencing my perspective, but I sensed a Jeeves & Wooster vibe to the Iron Man/Jarvis banter in MA: Avengers 10.

Time: February 27, 2007, 10:21 pm

I’d like Jarvis to be at least that harsh!

Comment from Pedro Bouça
    Time: February 28, 2007, 4:30 am

Missed my online store preordering date for the Atlas HC (they are to blame, they gave me a different date from the real one!), so I will have to order it with next month’s order. But I won’t miss it for anything!

Best,
    Hunter (Pedro Bouça)

Comment from Tim O’Shea
    Time: March 1, 2007, 4:35 am

The Wieringo Reed slide and inner tube combo is on par with one of my favorite Reed bits where Alan Davis (in that Claremont run years ago) had Reed extending his eyeball a great distance in surveillance mode.

Comment from Pedro Bouça
    Time: March 15, 2007, 5:39 pm

As promised, I did (back)order the HC on this month’s order.

Best,